Sichuan Kelun-Biotech Biopharmaceutical Co., Ltd. and Levena Biopharma, a Sorrento Company, are to Present Positive Clinical Progress of A166, an Anti-HER2 ADC, in Treating Locally Advanced or Metastatic HER2-Positive Breast Cancer Patients at the ASCO 20
- A166 is an antibody-drug conjugate (ADC) composed of an anti-HER2 antibody conjugated to Duostatin-5, a novel anti-microtubule Auristatin derivative, via a proprietary stable covalent linker.
- The ASCO meeting presentation (ASCO Poster# 415) includes A166 dose expansion data administered in 3-week cycles at doses of 4.8 mg/kg or 6.0 mg/kg in a total of 58 female patients with HER2-positive breast cancer.
- The best ORR was 73.9% (17/23; 95% CI, 51.59 to 89.77) in the 4.8 mg/kg cohort and 68.6% (24/35; 95% CI, 50.71 to 83.15) in the 6.0 mg/kg cohort, respectively.
- Median PFS was 12.3 months (95% CI, 6.00-not reached) in the 4.8 mg/kg cohort and 9.4 months (95% CI, 4.00 to 10.40) in the 6.0 mg/kg cohort, respectively.
- Of 23 patients treated at 4.8 mg/kg cohort, one had a confirmed and sustained complete response (CR) lasting 7+ months.
As previously reported, in Phase 1 of the study, A166 demonstrated a safety profile that compared favorably to its commercial competitors and potentially superior efficacy as shown by the overall response rate (ORR) of 59.1% and 71.4% in the 4.8 mg/kg cohort and 6.0 mg/kg cohort, respectively, in heavily pretreated patients with HER2-positive breast cancer (data presented at the 2021 ASCO meeting [NCT05311397; J Clin Oncol 39, 2021 (suppl 15; abstr 1024)].
At the upcoming 2022 ASCO meeting, Kelun-Biotech will report updated data from this Phase 1 trial (Abstract #1037 and Poster #415). The Phase 1 dose expansion of the study was conducted in several sites in
- The best ORR was 73.9% (17/23; 95% CI, 51.59 to 89.77) in the 4.8 mg/kg cohort and 68.6% (24/35; 95% CI, 50.71 to 83.15) in the 6.0 mg/kg cohort.
- Median progression free survival (PFS) was 12.3 months (95% CI, 6.00-not reached) in the 4.8 mg/kg cohort and 9.4 months (95% CI, 4.00 to 10.40) in the 6.0 mg/kg cohort.
- Of 23 patients treated in the 4.8 mg/kg cohort, one had a confirmed and sustained CR lasting 7+ months.
- Next generation sequencing was performed on tissue-derived DNA and blood-derived circulating tumor DNA.
- The detailed safety data, RECIST 1.1 response rate, and biomarker analyses will be presented in a poster (#415) at the 2022 ASCO meeting.
About Sichuan Kelun-Biotech Biopharmaceuticals, Co. Ltd.
Kelun-Biotech has developed a fully integrated multi-functional platform which includes R&D, CMC (Chemistry, Manufacturing, and Controls), and clinical development capabilities. Leveraging the platform, the company has built a robust pipeline, 1 I/O monoclonal antibody asset in NMPA NDA stage, 3 assets (including 1 monoclonal antibody and 2 ADCs) in Phase 3 or pivotal clinical trials, and an additional 10 molecules in clinical studies. For more information, please contact:
Sorrento is a clinical and commercial stage biopharmaceutical company developing new therapies to treat cancer, pain (non-opioid treatments), autoimmune disease and COVID-19. Sorrento's multimodal, multipronged approach to fighting cancer is made possible by its extensive immuno-oncology platforms, including key assets such as fully human antibodies (“G-MAB™ library”), immuno-cellular therapies (“DAR-T™”), antibody-drug conjugates (“ADCs”), and oncolytic virus (“Seprehvec™”). Sorrento is also developing potential antiviral therapies and vaccines against coronaviruses, including Abivertinib, COVISHIELD™ and COVI-MSC™; and diagnostic test solutions, including COVIMARK™.
Sorrento's commitment to life-enhancing therapies for patients is also demonstrated by our effort to advance a first-in-class (TRPV1 agonist) non-opioid pain management small molecule, resiniferatoxin (“RTX”), and SP-102 (10 mg, dexamethasone sodium phosphate viscous gel) (SEMDEXA™), a novel, viscous gel formulation of a widely used corticosteroid for epidural injections to treat lumbosacral radicular pain, or sciatica, and to commercialize ZTlido® (lidocaine topical system) 1.8% for the treatment of postherpetic neuralgia (PHN). RTX has been cleared for a Phase II trial for intractable pain associated with cancer and a Phase II trial in osteoarthritis patients. Positive final results from the Phase III Pivotal Trial C.L.E.A.R. Program for SEMDEXA™, its novel, non-opioid product for the treatment of lumbosacral radicular pain (sciatica), were announced in
For more information visit www.sorrentotherapeutics.com
This press release and any statements made for and during any presentation or meeting contain forward-looking statements related to
Media and Investor Relations
Sorrento® and the Sorrento logo are registered trademarks of
G-MAB™, DAR-T™, Seprehvec™, SOFUSA™, COVISHIELD™, COVIDROPS™, COVI-MSC™, COVIMARK™ and Fujovee™ are trademarks of
SEMDEXA™ (SP-102) is a trademark of
ZTlido® is a registered trademark owned by
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Source: Sorrento Therapeutics, Inc.