Celularity Announces $250M in Funding to Deliver Treatments for Cancer, Inflammatory and Degenerative Diseases, and Functional Regeneration
- First proprietary allogeneic "off-the-shelf" immunotherapeutic platform
- Proprietary clinical stage Placental Natural Killer (PNK) Cell Program
- IND-ready CD38 CAR-T program
- Innovative allogeneic CD38 CAR NK program
- Phase 3-ready placental adherent cell products for serious Crohn's Disease
- Sorrento Therapeutics G-MAB™ Library of 50+ fully-human antibody-CAR constructs
- Unparalleled IP position: 800+ issued patents in cell therapy and regenerative medicine; dominating position worldwide for placental stem cells
- World-class cell and biomaterials manufacturing capabilities
- Commercial-stage functional regeneration products Biovance® and Interfyl®, and late-stage pipeline assets across broad disease indications
- LifeBankUSA, pioneering stem cell biobanking business with two decades' operating expertise
Celularity, a biotechnology company founded by stem cell pioneer
Celularity sources, develops, and deploys transformative therapies derived from the placenta for treatment of complex medical conditions including hematological and solid tumors, autoimmune disease, diabetes, as well as degenerative effects of aging. By combining synergistic assets from
"My goal is to make it so the next generation grows up in a world where cancer is managed just like the common cold, and the body's natural regenerative engine remains empowered throughout our lives," said Dr. Hariri, Founder, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Celularity. "Celularity is a new biotechnology company model founded to harness the placenta as a platform for discovery and therapeutics, ultimately with a goal of amplifying the body's ability to fight disease, restore function and extend the healthy lifespan. It is my vision that the cellular medicines we derive from the placenta will lead to abundant and affordable treatments."
Celularity has assembled an industry-leading intellectual property portfolio of more than 800 issued patents, which attain a dominating position around placental-derived stem and progenitor cells. Celularity is also the first to own and deploy the full value chain ranging from sourcing placental stem cells to delivering patient treatment. The company is built on three key pillars: Cell Therapy, Functional Regeneration, and Biosourcing:
- Cell Therapy: Celularity has developed five clinical stage cell therapy candidates currently being evaluated for cancer, and immunological and degenerative diseases
- Functional Regeneration: Celularity is addressing serious wounds, burns, orthopedic, and other surgical indications including reconstructive and aesthetic applications with a broad range of placental biomaterials. Derived from placental tissue, Celularity's BIOVANCE® and Interfyl® were the first biomaterial products introduced to the market to enhance the body's regenerative processes
- Biosourcing: Celularity owns and operates LifeBankUSA, the world's only repository that allows families to bank their newborn's placental cells and biomaterials for future therapeutic and regenerative use
Celularity is the only company with an allogeneic placental cell platform. Placental stem cells are uniquely immunoprivileged, therefore treatments do not require cells to be engineered or matched for each individual patient. Celularity is focused on this highly-scalable platform of technology to optimize economics and access to these cutting-edge therapies, including immuno-oncology. These placental stem cells allow for unprecedented scalability for Celularity's CAR-T and CAR-NK platforms.
"Celularity's technology has the potential to augment human immunity and longevity," said Dr.
"Our investment in Celularity brings together its proprietary allogeneic placental platform and Sorrento's best in class CAR-T products and cGMP manufacturing capabilities," said
More information can be found by visiting www.celularity.com.
Celularity (www.celularity.com) is a biotechnology company that harnesses the power of placenta-derived cells and tissue to create regenerative health solutions. These therapies have the potential to rid the body of life threatening disease and ultimately extend the human lifespan. Celularity's intellectual property and research portfolio consists of 800 patents as well as pre-clinical and clinical assets, including CAR constructs for allogeneic CAR-T/NK products, licenses to 100+ immunotherapy assets, and commercial stage biosourcing and functional regeneration businesses.
View original content with multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/celularity-announces-250m-in-funding-to-deliver-treatments-for-cancer-inflammatory-and-degenerative-diseases-and-functional-regeneration-300599589.html